Saturday, December 10, 2005

[MBA] The long (or short) Kellogg countdown

Kellogg will start releasing decisions from next week. According to Kristen on the 'Kellogg Admissions Officer Q&A 2005-2006' thread on bweek, the decisions will be released in a totally random order. So unless you interviewed very late you could get your decision anytime within this 1 month window. Marina, you don't know how lucky you are to be a late interviewer. You know for sure that you will get your decision in January. As for me, well, I interviewed way before the deadline. So I am in the unfunny situation of being in suspended animation for a 1 month period. Good that I have a lot of work to do on Stanford and Sloan. Otherwise the waiting would have driven me crazy. I understand the good intentions (letting people know early) behind this Kellogg policy but I think it has the unintended consequence of increasing stress levels in an already stressful process.

Anyway, got to go back to the Haas application. Time's ticking.

3 comments:

sorebrek said...

Geez-Louise - Just reading that I'm already on pins and needles though I am applying to Kellogg only in R2! Yet to start on Stanford - next week with any luck. Stanford when I should be out there playing holiday pranks on friends and co-workers sigh Such are the travails of a b-school applicant.

Marina said...

But I want to know NOW!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a little kid in a candy store "I want Ice Cream and I want it NOW!! whahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Good luck to you though!

sorebrek said...

Just curious, but how long did it take Kellogg to schedule your interview after you submitted part 1 of the application? Btw, only if it is ok with you, could you shoot me an e-mail (sorebrek _at_ gmail _dot_ com)?