Wednesday, March 01, 2006

[MBA] Plan B?

No love yet from any of the still in play schools. Stanford is a no hoper at this point. There is no evidence in cyberspace yet that Sloan has released invitations for my hub (Chicago). But this being my most hurried application it's difficult to be optimistic. I had high hopes from Haas. Both the school and location would have been perfect for me and my wife. But just 10 days to Super Saturday and no invite yet. I have sent waitlist update letters to Kellogg and Tuck, but the sense I got from talking to the waitlist officers is that unless I can come up with some miracle, I will be in only if enough people with my profile drop out. Nothing much I can do about that.

I guess it's time to start seriously thinking about Plan B. Yes, I could wait till the bitter end but my visa status doesn't allow me that luxury. So back to 'what do I really want to do with my life' mode.

5 comments:

i_will_make_it said...

Keep the faith! Still a month to go, so the fight's not over yet! I'm staying hopeful for you! :-) For the waitlists, has there been more you've accomplished at work since you're apps? You can always get your recommenders to send in reinforcement too. Good luck!!!

And yes, my Johnson interviewer really was that blunt. Interesting, huh? I was caught off guard at first, but realized she was the "let's not beat around the bush and get right to it" type of person. I tried following her lead to think as fast as she was challenging me.

The interview wasn't my best, but I took it as a learning experience. Gotta prep for b-school. Who knows if a prof will do cold calls in class? :-P

Or maybe I should just wear more skirts to work. *wink*

Marina said...

I agree with IWMI. Keep the faith!

I just might post some Costa Rica pics

sorebrek said...

Gee LLF, thanks! Good luck with Haas and Sloan - from what I hear there is a steady stream of invotes still going out. Dunno about your comment on W. I have met some very strong W Yeti applicants. The thing is, for a Yeti there is no margin for error - not because schools are biased on anything, just because the pool is very competitive. We'll see - I am just not dealing with this wait very well :-(

Anonymous said...

I just got the R2 Haas invite to Super Saturday on Friday - so you might have one soon.

sameer said...

nice post.
T20 World Cup 2020 Fixture
T20 World Cup 2020 Fixture PDF
T20 World Cup 2020 Fixture Download