Saturday, March 18, 2006

[MBA] Expected updates

Got my official ding from Haas. This was very much on the cards ofcourse, but it still hurts. To think of it I could very well have stopped my application process on Dec 1st after I submitted Tuck. Not a single school after that even graced me with an interview. What a colossal waste of time this whole process turned out to be.

Like everyone else in this world I also got a mail from Tuck informing me about the continuation of my waitlist status. I realistically didn't expect any movement on their waitlist till their April end deposit deadline. But it was nice of them to keep us informed.

I am doing my bit to further my case during this waitlist wait, but it feels like just going through the motions. If 4 top schools don't even think you are worthy of an interview, is it realistic to expect admits from 2 other top schools? I don't know and since hope springs eternal I will keep trying to get off the right side of the waitlist. But whatever. Btw Kellogg has already seen some movement off the R1 waitlist (both admits and dings). According to Kristen on bweek next week they will see even more of that.

I just realized that I have started sounding like a broken record on this blog. No admit waaah, no interview more waaah and so on. I guess that prevents me from over whining in real life. I would be left without any friends if I were to whine half as much as here.

8 comments:

Benny said...

Thanks man!

Sorry to hear about your ding.
Tuck will want you! It is just making itself difficult so it knows you love it!
I am crossing fingers from now on!

sorebrek said...

Sorry to hear that LLF. Do you think round 2 had to do with your post-December drought? I think that hurt several other bloggers, including myself.

Vinay Pandey said...

Sorry to hear that Laser. Hang on mate and surely Tuck and Kellogg will show you love. Good luck!

SgHama said...

I'm sorry that you've having a poor run of luck so far... Hope you make it...

Anonymous said...

You're right... no point wallowing in self-pity. Hard as it sounds, move on! Let them surprise you while you act on a Plan B.

Linda Abraham said...

The dings have no bearing on actions of the waitlisting schools -- which aren't exactly shabby ones! Keep plugging.

Good luck!

i_will_make_it said...

Sorry to hear. Good luck with the other schools!

dissertation proposal said...

Thank you for sharing this information, The information was very helpful and saved a lot of my time, Thank you for providing this information