Thursday, January 19, 2006

[MBA] Kellogg pulls me back in

Now, there I was shifting apartments, ruining my back, trying to make sense of the jibberish that passes as customer requirements - you know fun stuff. Then K comes along, on the very last day I may add and delivers this message.

"Dear XXX - or was it YYY - whatever, though I sort of like you, it just ain't enough for me to make a commitment right now. You know, I'd much rather wait for someone better to come along. But just in case no one shows up you'll still be there for me right? Right?"

I got waitlisted at K. I guess it's better than getting dinged but now for another long wait (March-June) wrt K. I can almost hear a booming voice from the heavens saying, "Thy who complainst the most, shall get shafted the longest."

So now I am back in the MBA game, trying to figure out how best to get myself off the good side of the waitlist train. I don't know what to think of this waitlist though. It scares me a bit because I always thought that K was my most complete application. I am all paranoid now about all the interview invitations and the Tuck decision.

Yeah, I am definitely back in the MBA game.

2 comments:

Marina said...

Sounds like good news to me :)

Linda Abraham said...

Please feel free to join us for this year's waitlist chat. Here are also a few tips:
http://blog.accepted.com/acceptedcom_blog/2006/1/17/admissions-tip-waitlist-letters.html
http://accepted.typepad.com/admissions_almanac/2005/01/mba_waitlist_ti.html