Wednesday, September 14, 2005

[General] The beginning of the end

Today on the way to work I noticed that someone had sprinkled white powder over Long's Peak. This is the beginning of the end of summer (screw labor day fanatics). Within the next few weeks the foothills will receive their 1st snowstorm and summer will be officially over.

There are people who waste their time making New Year's resolutions. I waste mine making seasonal resolutions. So here is the report card for my summer.

1. Learn to dance (guess who this came from!)
Miserable failure

2. Travel
Reasonable success. Just wish our travel plans had involved a beach - a real one with a sea. Lakes, however big don't count.

3. Set the cricket league afire
Failure. The start had promise but it all ended in a whimper.

4. MBA
No idea. At the start of summer I had a GMAT score and nothing else. After a circuitous, event filled journey I am back to square one. At least now I know what I need to do. That is until my 'laser like focus' wavers again!

Hell, it looks like I didn't exactly cover myself with glory this summer. Well, there always is winter and those elusive blue square ski runs of Colorado.

No comments: