Monday, June 06, 2005

[General] Why blog?

I guess, this should have been the 1st post. But anyway here goes.

I do a lot of random browsing (long live free broadband at work) and my daily commute is 1 hr one way so I get to spend a lot of quality time with myself. As if that were not bad enough I will most probably be starting a weekend MBA program at GSB Chicago which will involve lots of air-travel and more quality time with self. So instead of letting all this time go waste, I thought it would be a good idea to organize my thoughts and put them down somewhere. If I can cajole/threaten/emotionally blackmail some traffic and comments to this blog, then maybe I can learn a few things as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quality time for self is the part that would be great... there is nothing like random browsing too...
for me its like a random tree or trees of info that have you elightened like the buddha ... at one moment of time i thought if i could organise my random browsing then i would get great benefits ...say for instance if i said to myself that i need new knowledge of abt 50 nodes in the trees that i make ... but hey random browsing and coffee do not match with organised work and coffee... and then at the end of the day I feel like thanking whoever thought of google or search engines in general ... or maybe thank the guys for an invention like the internet ... a few years back and i could never have thought of random trees of knowledge ... it would have only meant depending on print media and organising the quest for knowledge ... where would coffee figure there ???